I tried a new recipe tonight for dinner. It went in the crockpot and so easy and delicious!
Smothered Round Steak:
- 4 Servings
- Prep: 20 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top round steak, cut into 1-1/2-inch strips
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- Hot cooked egg noodles, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add beef and shake to coat. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Add the onion, green pepper, tomatoes, mushrooms, soy sauce and molasses.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
I did make a few changes. Instead of the bell pepper I used a can of green chiles (undrained), I omited the mushrooms, and instead of soy sauce I used coconut aminos. I turned out really good…a little spicy since I used the larger can of chiles. You could use a 4 oz can to decrease the heat.